6.30.2008

Hola!

A lot has happened this past week that we haven't had time to really write!  Sorry about that.  But here's what's been going on.  We've had about 40 seminars in various departments at the university! Between seminars we've been meeting up with students for follow-ups to share more about Jesus and what it means to have a relationship with him.  

For me, I have been having meetings with one girl, Rocio, and another girl, Cristina.  I met Rocio during one of the seminars when we showed a short film, La Busqueda; a story similar to the Prodigal Son of the Bible.  She really liked the film and I invited her to meet with me to go through the 6 follow-up booklets to learn more about what it means to be a follower of Jesus.  She is really good at English so it has been easy to talk to her (especially with my limited Spanish).  We've been meeting almost daily and going through the booklets.  Although she was previously a believer, I am glad I was able to help her in her relationship and growth with Jesus.  

The other girl, Cristina, is a student I met at the first seminar we had.  I remember the first time I talked to her, I was very intimidated by her but still decided to talk to her.  I'm glad I did because she turned out to be one of the sweetest people I have ever met.  When I asked her to meet up with me for a follow-up, I did not know if she was a believer or not.  At our first meeting, I learned that she decided to accept Christ that very day!  How exciting!  We met every day thereafter and finished all 6 follow-up lessons with her.  During one of our meetings, she brought her nail-polish kit because I had previously complimented her on her beautiful nails--she wanted to paint my nails!  She had an exam in 10 minutes but she still continued to diligently paint my nails!!  At another meeting, she had bought me some chocolate from a delicious chocolate store!  Although her English was as good as my Spanish, I was still able to communicate to her about what it means to follow Jesus (with the help of a Spanish/English dictionary, of course).  I find this so amazing that even with this huge language barrier, we could study the Word, pray together, share about our lives, and become good friends.  

Even though I've been having physical and spiritual attacks, I see how good God is and I'm glad to be a part of it.  I will definitely be sad leaving here in a few days...

-Brenda  :)

No comments: